Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else. It can include sharing personal or private information about someone else causing embarrassment or humiliation.
* What did you learn about Cyberbullying
* What makes Cyberbullying easier to do than other types of bullying
* What are some of the effects that Cyberbullying can have on a victim
Cyberbullying occurs when a person shares inappropriate content about another person through social media. It is also said to occur when someone is rude to another person online or on a regular basis or stalks them online through social media sites.
It occurs though SMS, texts messages, social media, online gaming, forums, or other applications through which people can view or share content.
Some cyberbullying crosses the line into unlawful or criminal behavior. Cyberbullying occurs on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, snapchat, TikTok, email, etc.
It is important for one to be safe. Safety refers to the act of staying safe online, being safe means one is protecting themselves or others from online risk and harms. Some tips to stay safe online
Some tips to stay safe online:
* keep your passwords private, even from your friends
* learn about privacy settings and reporting features on social media
* be mindful of what you post and share online
* Report cyberbullying to the appropriate authorities
* Avoid escalating the situation:
* Limit where your post personal information