4th Grade Common Core Standards Addressed
Life Science Grade Four: All organisms need energy and matter to live and grow. As a basis for understanding this concept:
a. Students know plants are the primary source of matter and energy entering most food chains.
b. Students know producers and consumers (herbivores, carnivores, omnivores, and decomposers) are related in food chains and food webs and may compete with each other for resources in an ecosystem.
c. Students know decomposers, including many fungi, insects, and microorganisms, recycle matter from dead plants and animals.
ELA-Literacry Grade Four:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.4.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.4.3a Orient the reader by establishing a situation and introducing a narrator and/or characters; organize an event sequence that unfolds naturally.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.4.3b Use dialogue and description to develop experiences and events or show the responses of characters to situations.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.4.3c Use a variety of transitional words and phrases to manage the sequence of events.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.4.3d Use concrete words and phrases and sensory details to convey experiences and events precisely
Digital Literacy and Technology Common Core
2.4.8. Create projects that use text and various forms of graphics, audio, and video (with proper citations) to communicate ideas.
2.4.9. Use teacher‐developed guidelines to evaluate multimedia presentations for organization, content, design, presentation, and appropriate use of citations.
Students will be able demonstrate mastery in the study of food cycles through research and project-based learning.
After completing the WebQuest students will produce a completed story which creatively outlines a food web.