You are now in the place of J.K. Rowling! You've decided that you want to add a new character into the friend circle of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger. You now have the power to add your own personal touch to the Harry Potter franchise! Use it wisely!
Your task is simple: Create a character. You must be specific in this character's past, personality, appearance, likes/dislikes, etc. Some questions to consider: Which professor does he/she most admire? What does he/she do in their spare time?
Once you have formulated enough information about the character, the product of this task will be to create a detailed Facebook profile that depicts all the needed information about the character.
- First, you will be assigned to a group of around 3-4 students to develop a character and create an in-depth Facebook page that depicts the character in the best way possible.
- Once you have broken up the task evenly, you must ALL contribute to the creation of this character.
- At this time, you might consider composing a list of the identifiers of the character's appearance.
- The next step is to do a similar list concerning the characters persionality traits and quirks.
- This step should be focused toward the storyline of Harry Potter in particular (i.e. which Hogwarts house does he/she belong to? What class is he/she excelling/struggling in? What makes this person stand out in Hogwarts? Etc.).
- Next, you will begin creating an APPROPRIATE Facebook page consisting of at least 15 "likes" (this can be music, hobbies, movies, etc.) to help viewers gain a sense of who the character really is.
- His/her page must also be complete with the basic personal information (Where is he/she from? What is his/her age and birthday? Are they in a relationship? Etc.).
- The page must also include at least 5 statuses as well as 5 pictures. Note: These pictures can be of anything pertaining to the character's personality and does not have to be a picture of the actual characterl. However, the page should include AT LEAST ONE PROFILE PICTURE. This can be a cartoon creation of what you envision your character to look like, a picture of a random person, etc.
- Once your character's Facebook profile has been completed, be prepared to present it to the class in a 5-10 min. presentation that gives a complete discription of how this character fits into the relm of Harry Potter.
- Last, but not least, have fun! =)
|Character apperacnce and personality
|Displays no effort put forth into developing the character's unique traits/qualities.
|Displays some effort of character development but is lacking significantly in multiple areas.
|The student has produced an adequate character with only minor developments notwithstanding.
|^^^ The student has exceeded expectations in creating a thought out character in terms of traits/qualities.
|Relevance to Hogwarts
From this lesson, students will have been able to exhibit their ability to critically think and analyze a situation while be able to make a connection to the real world.
Some questions to consider: How does your character change the world of Harry Potter? More importantly, how can one person change the world?
Hogwarts photo found at: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Hogwarts_boats