Welcome to the three Branches of Government Internet Scavenger Hunt WebQuest Activity. Throughout this quest you will learn about the Three Branches of Government and their importance.
- Work with your assigned partner to complete this assignment.
- Use website links provided to answer questions.
- Answer the required questions in complete sentences.
Three branches of Government Internet Scavenger Hunt WebQuest
Step 1: Click here to answer questions #1-9 https://www.ducksters.com/history/us_executive_branch.php
Step 2: Look for answers to questions #1-9
Step 3: Answer the following questions in a complete sentence
1. Who is the leader of the Executive Branch of government? _____________________
2. Name three other parts of the Executive Branch.
3. The President is seen as the leader of the ____________and is both the head of the _____________ and the Commander-in Chief of the US______________________.
What is one of the main powers of the President?
5. One of the jobs of the President is to enforce and implement the laws set in place by_______________________________________
6. Requirements to become President of the United States.
7. What is the main job of the Vice President?
8. The Executive Office of the President helps to keep ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
9. _____________________________ is made up of the heads of 15 different departments. They all must be approved by the_____________________________
Click here to answer questions #10-14 https://www.ducksters.com/history/us_legislative_branch.php
10. ______________________is another name for the legislative branch.
11. What are the two parties that make up congress?
- The Senate has _____________ members.
- Each State has ______________ Senators.
- Senators are elected every _________________________________.
- To become a Senator a person must be at least _________________ years old, have been a U.S. citizen for at least 9 years, and must live in the state they represent.
House of Representatives
- ____________ total representatives in the house.
- Each state has a different number of representatives depending on their total _________________.
- Representatives are elected every __________ years.
- They must be ___________ years old, have been a U.S. citizen for at least 7 years, and live in the state they represent.
The ___________________________________ is the leader of the House of Representatives. The Speaker is ________________________ in line in succession to the president.
13. For a law to be made it must go through a bunch of steps called the ____________________________________________.
14. What are some of congress' other powers?
Click here to answer questions # 15-18 https://www.ducksters.com/history/us_judicial_branch.php
15. Who makes up the Judicial Branch?
16. The job of the courts is to _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ They do not make____________________.
17. Name the highest court in the United States._______________________________________________________________________
18. ___________________________________________________________ Nominates all the Supreme Court members and the ___________________________ confirm them.
Checks and Balances
Click here to answer questions # 19-20 https://www.ducksters.com/history/us_government/checks_and_balances.php
19. How are the powers of government "balanced"? __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
20.What are the "checks" on each branch meant to do?_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Each question is worth 5 points each. In order to score a 100% you must answer all questions correctly and in a complete sentence.
Step 1: When you and your partner have completed the WebQuest raise your hand. Do not get out of your seat.
Step 2: The teacher will review your answers and give you a grade for this WebQuest.
Step 3: Place your answer sheet in your class folder.
Step 4: Log off the computer and return your chair and any materials to your assigned table.