You can work alone or in pairs.
Choose one explorer from either the websites on the links in the introduction OR one from this list:
- James Cook
- Abel Tasman
- Edmund Hillary
- Marco Polo
- Christopher Columbus
Answer these Questions
- Where did your explorer come from?
- When did he or she explore?
- How did they travel?
- Where did he or she go? Map their journey.
- Why did they go on their journey? What were they hoping to find?
- What did they find?
- How is this explorer remembered?
- Watch the videos
- Click on the links to the different pages and read about the different explorers.
- Choose one explorer to research
- Write the answers to the questions on the task page in your concept book.
- Decide on how you will present your information - slideshow, poster or thinglink
Make a quiz for the rest of the class to fill in to see if you have taught them enough about your explorer. This will be in a google form quiz that you share with the class.
Enjoy your Learning Journey