Welcome to WebQuest!! In this activity, we are going to spend some time learning about the Titanic and the history revolving around it. You are going to answer several questions and then watch two videos. All of the links are provided through the WebQuest so let's begin and have fun learning about the Titanic.
Your task for this WebQuest is to search the internet to find
information about the Titanic's building process, sinking, and
re-discovery. Please write down your answers on a piece of paper
neatly. Also make sure your answers are numbered.
The answers to these questions can be either found on http://www.titanicfacts.net/ or by doing a Google search of the word being looked up. You will have to search the website and might have to look under several tabs. Look through the various tabs and read up on the Titanic.
1. Do a Google search to find a defination of the word "starboard".
2. Do a Google search to find the defination of the word "maiden voyage."
3. How much did it cost to build the Titanic?
4. How many years did it take to build the Titanic?
5. How many libraries were on the Titanic?
6. How many honeymooning couples were sailing on the Titanic?
7. What was Titanic's captain's name?
8. How many lifeboats were on the Titanic?
9. What time on April 10, 1912, did the Titanic set sail?
10. What was the end destination of the Titanic?
11. What time on April 14, 1912, did the Titanic hit the iceberg?
12. What was the amount of time between the sighting of the iceberg to the impact?
13. How many people were believed to be lost at sea?
14. How many people, passengers and crew, were rescued?
15. What was the name of the ship that rescued the passengers on the Titanic?
Watch the video from National Geographic Channel (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/titanic-100-years/videos/titanic-sinking/). Then give a sequence of events that happen the night the Titanic sank.
Steps to Re-discovery:
Watch the video on National Geographic Channel (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/explorer/videos/finding-the-titanic/) The video is about how one person discovers the sunken Titanic.
After watching the video, write a 5 sentence paragraph explaining the steps Bob Ballard used to discover the Titanic.
Possible points: 25
15 points for the questions.
5 points for sequencing.
5 points for the writing about the video.
The Titanic was a devastating accident in history of which we need to remember.