- Research- Once you have your colony begin researching. You are in a group to help each other, but you also have to focus on your specific role. Below are some links to websites and videos to help your research.
- Planning- While researching, take notes on your specific role and the information of that role to present to the class.
- Present- Once research is done, as a group you will teach the class about your findings on your colony.
I want everyone to watch this brief overview of the colonies. In this video you will grasp an understanding of the different colony regions we will be researching. Here are some questions I want you to answer after the video:
- When the American flag had 13 stars, what did that represent?
- For each colony region, what were they good for?
This educational website explains what a colony is. It describes the different colonies, how and why they were formed. It also states some interesting facts about Colonies. I want you to think about the following questions after viewing this website:
- What is a colony?
- What did the English hope for?
This article explains what is important about each Colony. It explains the purposes of the Colonies. Answer these questions about viewing the article: (Hint to one of the questions- pay attention to the map closely!!)
- What are the 13 colonies?
- Which ocean do the 13 colonies touch?
This link describes the states in each Colony. It also talks about some history and government of the Colonies. Answer these questions after looking at this website:
- What was the first permanent colony?
- What are the three regions of colonies?