Think about something that everyone believes to be true, something that would really surprise people if it were not.
You will write the cover story of a magazine under the headline: "THE TRUTH IS OUT IN THE OPEN - Now that we all know it, the question is: what next?"
You will write the cover story of a magazine under the headline "THE TRUTH IS OUT IN THE OPEN - Now that we all know it, the question is: what next?"
You may write about any subject you want as long as it is coherent with the headline: something you like or know about, a surprising turnaround for a soap opera or tv series, the cure for a serious disease, a conspiracy plan which leaked, etc.
You may write about it in the format you feel more confident with - but it must contain at least 200 words.
In order to develop an interesting piece of writing which meets the expected language use for this level. You must include:
MODAL VERBS (grammar file unit 1 and 2)
- simple modals: can, could, may, might, should, ought to, had better, must, will, would, shall, etc.
- modals used for the past: could have, must have, may have, might have, should have, can\'t have, etc.
LANGUAGE TO ANALYZE DATA AND DRAW CONCLUSIONS
- page 44
LINKING WORDS (page 48)
- sequence (minimum of 3)
- contrast (minimum of 3)
- comparison (minimum of 2)
- summary (at least 1)
- conclusion (at least 1)
PREPOSITIONAL PHRASES (page 49 + grammar file unit 3) At least 5
- adjective + preposition combinations: http://www.bedavaingilizce.com/prepositions/adj_pre.htm
- adjectives followed by prepositions + verbs in the -ing form : http://www.englishpage.com/gerunds/adjective_prep_gerund_list.htm
- verb + preposition combinations: http://www.grammar-quizzes.com/gerund2c.html
CONTENT - 25 %
(Connection between topic and content presented in the writing)
COHERENCE AND COHESION - 25 %
(How well structured is your text? Are the paragraphs divided properly? Are all paragraphs well-linked? How easy to read is your text? )
(Sequence of ideas; textual structure including the use of connectors.)
ACCURACY - 25 %
(Grammar and vocabulary usage. Legible Grammatical structure, Accurate vocabulary choice.)
CREATIVITY - 25 %
(How much AD 2 language have you tried to use?)