Today you will be observing and exploring the habitat of your animal that you chose for the "Animal Research Project". You will be a true scientist by investigating the climate, the land forms, the plants and other animals that make up the habitat of your topic animal. Let's go!
During this activity you will be researching the types of plants and other animals that exist within the habitat of your topic animal. You will also determine the type of climate, as well as other land form features that are important to the habitat. You will create a poster with this information for your specific habitat. The poster should include:
1. Type of climate/weather experienced within this habitat
2. Other animals/plants that also live in the habitat
3. Important land form features (mountains, desert, etc.)
1. Choose the habitat that your animal lives in
2. Explore the sites connected and record information in your writing notebook
3. Create a poster with the information required in the "task" section - design however you'd like!
Students will present their information for the class through a poster.
1. Categories Listed (weather/climate, plants/animals, important land formations)
- 3 Categories = Level 3
- 2 Categories = Level 2
- 1 Category (or less) = Level 1
2. I will also be looking for organization and handwriting that can be read.
- Clear and Understandable = Level 3
- Somewhat Clear and Understandable = Level 2
- NOT Clear/Understandable = Level 1
Congratulations! You have learned so much about your animal's habitat and the importance of it. This information will help you complete your animal research project later on in the quarter.