Hello Web Quest explorers
You are about to start a journey of discovery about animal homes. A fancy word for animal homes is habitat. All plants and animals have different needs that help them survive where they live. This is why there are different habitats. Each habitat meets the plant's and animals' needs.
Are you ready to learn more? Let's grab your animal facts sheet and a sense of adventure and go exploring!
Think about your favorite wild animal. Ask yourself the following questions. What does this animal eat? What kind of shelter does this animal need? Is there anything else this animal needs from its home to live? As a scientist, you will explore the five different habitats and answer these questions about your animal.
- Use these websites to discover your animal's home and answer your animal fact sheet.
- Watch this video first: https://www.pbs.org/video/habitat-habitat-basics-buxg6x/
- Go here and explore: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/explore/nature/habitats/
- Play around here: http://www.scholastic.com/magicschoolbus/games/habitat/index.html
- Find a partner and compare your animal fact sheets. Answer the questions on the back of your animal fact sheet to compare your animal habitats.
- Pick another animal and repeat the steps above.
- Pick one of your animals and draw them in their habitat. Don't forget to label the picture.
- As a class, we will make an anchor chart of our animals and their habitats. Good scientists discuss and share their research with others. You will share your animal that you decide to draw in their habitat. You will show the class your picture and we will add them to our chart.
|Very Good||Good||Poor||Very Poor||Score|
Information on Animal Habitat Fact Sheet
|Understanding and characteristics of habitats are well communicated||Some understanding and characteristics are well communicated||Not a lot of understanding or characteristics of habitats are communicated||No understanding or characteristics of habitats are shown||30%|
|Internet Activities||Excellent cooperation and understanding of activities||
Good cooperation and understanding of activities
|Some understanding or some cooperation in activities||No cooperation or understanding in activities||30%|
|Animal Habitat Drawing||Excellent understanding of habitat shown with creativity||
Good understanding of habitat shown with some creativity
|Some understanding of habitat shown or some creativity shown||Habitat drawing project is not completed||30%|
|Teamwork||Excellent teamwork and cooperation demonstrated||
Very good cooperation and teamwork demonstrated
|Teamwork and cooperation need improvement||No teamwork||10%|
Total Score: 100%
Congrats! You have completed your expedition and research on animal habitats. Its time for you to make a big lion roar and give yourself a monkey pat on the back! Good job, explorers!
picture sources: pexels.com