What are the three branches of Government?
The three branches of government are : Legislative, Executive, and Judicial.
- Government: The government is the system by which a nation, state, or community is governed.
- Executive Branch: The Executive Branch sees that laws are carried out.
- Judicial Branch: The Judicial Branch makes sure that the laws and actions of the other branches agree with the United States Constitution.
- Legislative Branch: The Legislative Branch makes the laws.
- Senate: The Senate is the smaller upper assembly in the US Congress, 100 senators.
- House of Representatives: The House of Representatives is the larger portion of the Legislative branch, 435 Representatives.
- Bill: A bill is a draft of a proposed law
- Law: A law is a rule of a particular country.
- Supreme Court: the highest court in the United States.
On a separate sheet of paper (not where you are taking notes) write what you think is the function of each branch of government. Its okay if you do not know. Make an educated guess on what you think the function of each branch is. You should have at least one sentence per branch. You may have more if needed. Title the paper: What I think the functions of the three branches of government are.
What I think the functions of the three branches of government are
I think the function of the legislative branch is ...
Now watch this video to find out the functions of each branch of government. - Don't forget to take notes!
Now that you have learn about the functions of each branch of government, I want you to click below on the link and read the article.
On the same sheet of paper where you wrote your thoughts on the functions of the three branches, skip 3 lines and write what the function of each branch does. Being with a title.
The Basic Functions of The Three Branches of Government
The function of the executive branch is ...
Here is another video about the branches of government. Don't forget to take notes!
You have now complete the last video now lets see how much you have learned so far.
Lets play a game. Guess Who! You will read the sentence and guess who or in what branch the person belongs in. Write your answer on your paper.
1. I am the leader of the executive branch. Who am I?
2. I make the law. What branch of government am I?
3. I enforce the law. What branch of government am I?
4. I sign the law. What branch of government am I?
5. There is 2 of me in each state. Who am I?
6. I am the highest court in the United States. Who am I?
7. I nominate all the Supreme Court members and the Senate confirms them. Who am I?