Now today we'll be learning a little about a great anicent city called Pompeii.
You see long ago Pompeii was a major resort city in Ancient Rome. It was once a beautiful Italian city in ancient Rome surrounded by many mountains, villas and gardens. But one day a disaster struck city, their very own Mount Vesuvius erupted and basically buried the city under ashes making the city "lost in time". Just about two thousand people died, and the city was abandoned for years.
Students will learn about the devastating tragedy that occured in Pompeii and be able to answer questions based on their notes, textbooks and websites.
Below u will find several questions based on the history of Pompeii. Use the websites given, your textbook and the notes to have taken to come up with the proper resonse.
You may use your textbook and the websites provided to complete all questions if necesasary.
1. When did the explostion in Pompeii take place?
2. How many times did Mount Vesuvius erupt?
3. How many years did it take until Pompeii was finnaly discoverd?
4. How were the buildings and houses presevered after so many years?
5. When was Pompeii discovered?
6. What was the name of another town that was destroyed the same time as Pompeii?
7. How were people who died in Pompeii preserved?
8. Attach pictures of how the bodies were found
9. Where would Pompeii be on this map?
Short answer :
10. Why was the city of Pompeii popular among Romans?
You will be graded in the following manner.
The first 9 questions are worth 8 points each and question # 10 will be worth 22 points because its a short answer question.
QUESTION 10 MUST BE ANSWERED IN COMPLETE SENTENCES AND IN YOUR OWN WORDS.
You will have 10 points deducted from your grade for everyday that your assignment is handed in late.
Congratulations. You have completed your assignment!
Anyway, have a wonderful day and thank you for joining me today.