Write the answers to these questions on a sheet of paper for your notes to prepare for the test.
Go to this link to answer questions 1-3
1. What is the Role of the President's Cabinet?
2. What were the first three executive departments, established during George Washington's first year in the presidency?
3. Is the President's cabinet a an expressed or implied power in the Constitution?
Go to this link to answer questions 5-8
5. Which branch of government determines the number and scope of executive departments?
6. What are the requirements for who can serve on the president's Cabinet?
7. Which House of Congress confirms the President's Cabinet nominations?
8. What are the 15 executive agencies whose heads are on the Cabinet?
Use this link to answer questions 9-12
9. What are the main responsibilities of the Department of Commerce?
10. Which military departments are overseen by the Department of Defense?
11. What are the main responsibilities of the Department of Justice?
12. What are the main responsibilities of the Department of State?
On a separate sheet of paper, respond to the following prompt and turn the paper in to the "To be Graded" bin for a classwork/homework grade:
Why are the President's Cabinet and Executive Departments important to help the President carry out the laws of the United States?