Part 1: Click on the link below. This will teach you about how chemical and physical changes can happen. After you read the article answer the questions on your worksheet. You may play the article to have it read to you, but you must follow along.
Questions for this article:
1. Anything that takes up space is called:
2. List examples 2 examples of each type of matter.
3. Matter changes from one state to another. This happens when a substance is ___________ or __________.
Part 2: Watch this short video about physical and chemical changes. Pay very close attention to the video and examples. Be sure to watch the entire video, and then look at your questions. Once you have watched the video at least one time, you can then replay it to answer the questions on your worksheet.
Physical and Chemical Changes of Matter:
Questions for this video:
1. What is a physical change?
2. A physical change can be caused by ___________, ____________, or _____________.
3. What is a chemical change? Can it be reversed?
4. A physical change can be reversed. Circle the correct answer
5. Using the Venn diagram, compare and contrast physical and chemical changes.
Part 3: Click the website below to enjoy this interactive activity about reversible and irreversible changes. Remember, physical changes are reversible, and chemical changes are irreversible. You will complete the activity while following along with my directions.
1. Press "OK" once you have reached the game.
2. Find a substance that will dissolve in water, use the arrows.
3. Once you have found the substance, press OK. Then, press the button that says "Reversing."
4. Follow the directions on the activity.
Questions for the activity:
1. Was the following a chemical or physical activity:
Freezing water (C/P)
Heating an egg (C/P)
Dissolving salt in water (C/P)
Mixing sand in water (C/P)
2. You have worked with physical and chemical changes in this activity. What is a physical change? A chemical change? What is the difference between the two types of changes? To answer this question give at least 2-3 complete sentences.