First read the notes provided and watch the videos below for you to familiarize yourself with the topic. Make sure you understand everything and then after that write everything I wrote in the task using your own understanding and your own words. In different ways from the one provided how are you going to prevent cyberbullying?
Cyberbullying is simply defined as a bullying that takes place over digital devices like cellphones and computers etc. It typically happen or occur through messages or actions that are threatening or intended to cause offense, anxiety or humiliation.
The causes of cyberbullying are:
a) Lack of empathy.
b) Revenge of other peers.
c) For entertainment purposes or enjoyment.
d) To boost their ego.
e) Because of peer pressure.
f) When it becomes an addiction.
The effects of cyberbullying are:
i) Depression and anxiety.
ii) Decreased academic achievement and loss of self confidence.
iii) Health complaints and use of drugs and alcohol.
iv) Fear, sadness and school dropout.
v) Thoughts of suicide.
vi) Change in sleeping and eating patterns.
vii) Loss of interest in activities they used to enjoy.
viii) Loneliness and loss of interest in friends and family members ( spend most of the time alone)
The preventions of cyberbullying
1. Report it to website created for the support of those who undergo cyberbullying.
2. Keep the evidence (screenshot the messages or things you are sent based on cyberbullying. )
3. Don't respond the bully. Ignore everything they send to you.
4. Block the bully and keep yourself from contacting them.
5. Tell a trusted person about what is going on.
6. Help raise awareness by being supportive and stand against cyberbullying.
7. Avoid yourself from seeking revenge.
8. Created strong passwords for your media accounts and avoid sharing private information.
9. You can deactivate your media accounts just to keep a distance with the bullies and avoid yourself from being targeted.