Step 1: Determine who from your team will take on the following roles (one per person so that all four are filled):
Land Specialist: The Land Specialist is in charge of noting facts about Earth’s land- whether that be continents, countries, islands, etc. For example, each continent offers interesting formations, like mountains or canyons, each with unique residents! Earth even has natural wonders that occur on land, like the Grand Canyon!
Water Specialist: The Water Specialist is in charge of noting facts about Earth’s water- whether that be oceans, rivers, lakes, waterfalls, etc. For example, Earth offers lots of different water formations, each with unique plants and animals that live there! Earth even has natural wonders that occur in water, like the Great Barrier Reef!
Hospitality Specialist: The Hospitality Specialist is in charge of noting facts about places for visitors to stay during their trip to Earth. For example, each country offers unique lodging options- whether that be hotels, cabins, or even igloos! There is even a hotel in Costa Rica located inside a grounded airplane!
Fun Specialist: The Fun Specialist is in charge of noting the facts about interesting attractions tourists can visit on Earth. For example, each country offers unique and fun things to do- whether that be riding roller coasters, sailing, watching movies, or snorkeling. You can’t find that on Mars!
Step 2: Browse the websites provided, or any other pertinent written material you find in the classroom or library (do not browse any websites other than what is provided for you) to find information for your travel brochure.
- Remember your role and look for pertinent information from these resources.
- Browse these resources on your own Chromebooks, but sit together and discuss your findings as a group as you go so that you don’t record duplicate information. Work together to determine what information fits best with each role.
- Take notes as individuals so that each of you has information to contribute to the travel brochure.
Step 3: Work together to create a travel brochure.
- You will need to submit only one brochure per group.
- You may use Word, Google Docs, or Canva to create your brochure.
- Be sure that you have at least six facts per person (six from each Specialist) and some images.
- Be sure that your brochure is persuasive. Remember, you are trying to convince intergalactic travelers to visit planet Earth!
Here are the links to browse. Use the search feature on each website to refine your research.