Do you ever wonder what happens to the food after you eat it? Where does it go? Or, how does eating an apple provides your body with nutrients? Food is broken down by our digestive system to provide our bodies with nutrients through the process of digestion. The assignment on this webQuest is based on the structure and function of the digestive systems. The activities will help you learn about the different organs that make up the digestive system.
To successfully complete this assignment, students will:
- Watch a video based on the digestive system and document essential information on the organs that make up the system.
- Complete reading assignment on the digestive system and use information to create a table with the parts of the digestive system and their respective functions.
- Write a paragraph highlighting the importance of the digestive system.
- Complete a worksheet based on the digestive system.
- Watch the video below and document information on the function of the digestive system.
2. Click the link below to read page one of the document. Record information on the parts of the digestive system in a table as shown below.
|Mouth||Human digestion begins in the mouth where food is chewed and masticated.|
3. Write a paragraph on the importance of the digestive system.
4. Click on the link below to open the worksheet. After completing it, click finish and then select the option that allows you to email it to your teacher.
|Organization of table||Table is accurately with two columns (organs/functions)||Information recorded is not presented in a table|
|Content of table||Table contains 10-8 organs with their functions correctly stated||Table contains 7-6 organs with their functions correctly stated||Table contains less than 5 organs with their functions correctly stated|
|Content of paragraph||Paragraph contains excellent points on the importance of the digestive system||Paragraph contains fairly good points on the importance of the digestive system||Paragraph contains satisfactory points on the importance of the digestive system||Paragraph poorly states points on the importance of the digestive system|
|Grammar of paragraph||Paragraph is correctly punctuated with 1-3 grammatical errors||Paragraph is correctly punctuated with 4-5 grammatical errors||Paragraph is poorly punctuated and contains several grammatical errors|
Information for this webquest was obtained from the following sources: