Australia is a lucky country when it comes to disease pandemics. We have not had one for a few years now. This is due to our strict border regulations, immunisation programs and management plans. However there has been times we have had or been close to a pandemic.
Today, I want you to research two disease pandemics that Australia has experienced. I want you to create a poster on a Word document or use an Infographic on Canva.com (Similar to a poster).
Your poster must include
- What a pandemic is, what causes it and how does it end.
- Two examples of pandemic diseases in Australia
- What the disease was, when the pandemic was, how did it make people sick, how was it spread, the damage it caused and how we treated it. As well how many people were infected.
- How do we manage the risk of pandemics now in Australia? - vaccination programs, border regulations etc
- What do you think will happen if there was a new pandemic, are we prepared?
Here is some resources to start you off, copy and past these to search
Poster maker: https://www.canva.com
A completed poster needs to be completed with all the sections included. As well it must be visually appealing, simple and clear to read. Please upload your posters to google classroom
Share your poser with another student and write 5 sentences describing the information they displayed and what your learnt.