Welcome to this WebQuest on exploring the solar system! The universe is vast and full of mysteries waiting to be discovered. In this activity, you will be learning about our solar system and the planets that orbit around the sun.
You are a team of scientists and your mission is to create a presentation about the planets in our solar system. Your presentation should include information about the size, distance from the sun, atmosphere, and any interesting features of each planet. You should also compare and contrast the planets to identify their similarities and differences.
- Form a team of 4-5 members.
- Each team member should choose a planet to research.
- Use the resources provided to gather information about your planet. Take note of important facts and interesting features.
- Create a presentation using your chosen platform (PowerPoint, Prezi, Google Slides, etc.).
- Include the following information in your presentation: size, distance from the sun, atmosphere, and any interesting features of each planet. You should also compare and contrast the planets to identify their similarities and differences.
- Each team member should present their planet and contribute to the comparison and contrast section of the presentation.
- Submit your presentation to the teacher for grading.
- NASA Solar System Exploration: https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/
- National Geographic Kids: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/explore/space/
- KidsAstronomy.com: https://www.kidsastronomy.com/solar_system.htm
Your presentation will be graded on the following criteria:
- Accuracy and completeness of information (40%)
- Organization and clarity of presentation (30%)
- Comparison and contrast of planets (20%)
- Creativity and visual appeal (10%)
Greetings and congratulations for finishing this webquest on the solar system! You now know about the characteristics of the planets in our solar system. Consider your experience for a moment, then tell your peers what you learnt. What aspect of our solar system most shocked you?