Go Grow and Glow Foods Song for Kids
see link below for song
Did you know that there are different types of food that we eat?
Can you differentiate them into three main groups?
Did you know that all these food help us to Go, Glow and Grow?
Well! no need to worry!
Come along on this awesome some journey with me
Follow along Students!
1) what are the three basic food groups
2) A description of each types of food
3) examples of the different types of food
4) The benefit of the different types of food
1) click the link and read the first three paragraph on the 3 basic food groups
2) Open Microsoft word and write the names of the 3 basic food groups in a sentence
1) click the link provided below
2) Go to the second page of the slide and take 10 minutes to read the description of the 3 basic types of food.
3) Add to your microsoft word ducument the definition that is given of each.
1) Click the youtube link provided below / click the youtube video provided below
2) watch the video to the end
3) On your microsoft word page make a list with example of the 3 basic types of food provided (Go, Glow, Grow food)
1) Click on the youtube video provided below
2) Watch the video to the end and listen carefully
3) Continuing on your microsoft word ducument write the benefits of the Go,Glow and Grow food mentioned.
Answer all questions listed below.
Food can be categorized into 3 groups. Name them
Name one benefit of the go food
Give 3 examples of the grow food
What nutrient does the body gets from the glow food and give at least two example
Name of food groups / 3marks
One benefit of go good / 2 marks
3 examples of grow food / 3 marks
Nutrition from glow food / 2 marks
Two examples of glow food / 2 marks
Total : / 12 marks
The 3 basic food groups (Go, Glow and Grow Food) can also be categorized into six different food groups which are good for a balance diet.
1) Staples 4) Food from animals
2) Legumes 5) Fruits
3) Fats and oil 6) Vegetables
In order to have a balance diet a person MUST eat from all 6 food groups.
1) Fats 4) Fiber
2) Protein 5) Vitamins
3) Carbohydrates 6) Minerals
Click the link below to read on additional information
We would like to say a big thanks to these sites where we have received majority of our information from.
Bulter.N (Sep 3, 2020), "6 Essential nutrients and why the body needs them", Retrieved from
naqNuutrion, "Go, Grow and Glow Food- Teachers Guide", Retrieved from
Teacher Louie (June 10, 2020), "Go, Glow and Grow Food", Link
Parajaron. K (Nov 13, 2016) "Go, Grow, Glow Food", Retrieved from
see link below for song