Goal 4 is to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
How important is education? How many children are illiterate and out-of-school? Why are they out-of-school? What can we do about it?
In this WebQuest you will find out about these and other questions on the Quality Education.
You will collect information on several aspects of education by exploring various websites. When putting together your text, make sure you will include only relevant information and provide some examples when necessary.
Find the answers for the following 10 questions:
1. How important is education?
2. What are the consequences of not having access to education?
3. Look at the maps and discuss in which countries primary and secondary education isn't free and compulsory. What are your thoughts?
4. How many children still remain out of school?
5. In what regions or countries children mostly remain unschooled?
6. According to the tracker, how many children lack basic literacy skills?
7. According to the last table, in what regions do most illiterate children live?
8. Write down at least five examples of why children around the world are out of school.
9. What role should government play in education? Describe it briefly after reading the article.
10. List at least 3 things what WE can do to improve quality education
You will be evaluated on the understanding of global education issue, its range and what can be done to hold it back.
After completing the activity, you should have learned the most important features of the Quality Education.