I will take you to the relevant processes you will need to take in to successfully complete your tasks. Remember my steps should not limit your thinking. You may approach the questions with your own understanding.
- This question is a matter of bringing your mathematics knowledge into the EGD class as it is calculations.
- If you have 1 on one side and one on the other side it means that your objects are balancing as no side is more than the other. (1:1)
- If the left hand side is 2 and the right 1, it means that the left side is 2x more than the right. For every 1, you will multiply by 2. [ If the dimension is 10 and needs to be drawn to 2:1, it means that the 10 will be multiplied by 2, 10x2=20].
- If the left hand side is 1 and the right 2, it means that the right side is 2x less than the left. For every 1, you will divide by 2. [ If the dimension is 10 and needs to be drawn to 1:2, it means that the 10 will be divided by 2, 10/2=20].
- An enlarged drawing gets multiplied by the number in front of the colon.
- A reduced drawing is multiplied by the number behind the colon.
- You may apply the normal drawing principles which I taught you in class.
- Apply the different scales as instructed by the question.
- The scale is applied to each dimension given.
- Be wary of conversions of diameters and radiuses.
- A diameter needs to be converted into a radius first before scaling (by dividing the given number by 2... D/2 = R).
- Question 1 forms the basis of Question 2. If you can convert the numbers on Question 1, then you will have no problem converting dimensions in Question 2.