Welcome to your quest! Health and nutrition are very important, and healthy habits start from when you are a kid. It is important to know how to be healthy and fit in order to grow up big and strong. Eating healthy food and staying active helps us in our everyday life. You will learn what types of food are healthy and what activities you can do to stay physically active. Then, you will come up with a personal fitness plan for yourself!
1. Students will watch a video on health and fitness.
2. Students will watch a read an article on the 5 food groups and a video on different activities to be physically active.
3. Students will fill out a food and activity journal to track what they eat and their physical activity for the week.
1. Each Student will watch this video on health and fitness:
2. Students will read this article on the food groups: https://healthy-kids.com.au/food-nutrition/5-food-groups/
3. Students will watch this video on exercise for kids:
5. Students will create a personal fitness and nutrition program for themselves to follow.
1. Did not complete the personal fitness plan
2. Wrote the fitness plan but did not meet all of the food groups and or physical activity requirements
3. Wrote the fitness plan and met all of the food groups and physical activity requirements
4. Wrote the fitness plan and met all of the food groups and physical activity requirements and followed the plan
1. OK 2. Good 3. Pretty Good 4. Great Job
You now have the tools to be a healthier you! With these tools, you are now able know what you need to do to grow up big and strong!
YouTube: Mayo Clinic
YouTube: KidsEduc- Kids Educational Games