Being a healthy adult starts with being a healthy teenager. It's important to understand that the choices you make about eating and exercise make a difference. Eating foods that are good for us and staying active make us feel better and helps our bodies to accomplish amazing things.Not surprisingly, the more healthy habits people had, the longer their lifespan. This is one of those situations where I wish I could reprint their graphs for you, because they’re so cool.
In the earlier generation they used to have time to get involved in social activities, such as parties, sporting events, talking to friends or going to a park. Nowadays my generations spends a lot of time in front of the computer, or watching TV and spend most of their time chatting with their friends on their mobile phones or chatting online more than doing anything else.
What will the consequences be?
Are we going to life as longer as our grandparents if we continued to keep unfit?
1. Each student will begin by taking online tests about healthy and unhealthy habits.
2. Students will then read articles or watch YouTube videos about healthy eating and exercise, and take notes about the differences between past and present food habits.
3. Students will make a research about the social movement "Real food" and the connection with the past.
3. Students will elaborate a feature article about "What did your grandparents do to keep fit?"
4. To fill in the rubric about the teamwork and the tasks in the Webquest.
Every member of the team must take a quiz to check if your choices are right: https://pbskids.org/arthur/health/nutrition/quiz.html
The Navigator watches the Youtube video: "7 tips for healthy living" and note down other 3 tips to be healthy!
The Reader must read the article about the social movement "Real food" to look for the expert opinion: https://www.realfoods.co.uk/article/the-real-food-diet
The Writer must read the article about Healthy living to: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002393.htm
The Supervisor must think: If I were the President of the Goverment, I would ... Look for solutions to improve the population healthy on Google.
The Leader distinguishes the main parts of the Final Task and look for atractive improvements
Now, you can meet your colleagues and share the information!
Read the rubric about key aspects of the Webquest. Be objective!
And remember: "an apple a day keeps the doctor away".
Take care of yourself.
María de la Victoria Pegalajar Sánchez