- Curriculum Area: Science
- Grade Level: Pre-K
- Content Standards: K-LS1-1 Use observations to describe patterns of what plants and animals (including humans) need to survive.
- Technology Standards: 1A-CS-01 Select and operate appropriate software to perform a variety of tasks, and recognize that users have different needs and preferences for the technology they use.
- Purpose of assignment or objectives: This WebQuest provides an interactive way to teach individuals on how plants grow.
- Estimated Time to Complete Activities: This activity can be completed at the user's pace.
- What technology are you using? User will have access to classroom chrome book
- Materials: Technology access, internet access, planting materials, and the WebQuest links required for lesson.
- Procedure: Student follows links and gathers materials to plant a seed with teacher.
- Assessment Tool: Question/Answer and YouTube sing-a-long
Hello class!!! Who likes plants? Have you ever wondered how they grow? Today, we are going answer some of your questions you may have about plants in this fun, interactive lesson.
In this WebQuest, you will learn about plants and what they need to survive. You will then have the chance to grow your own plant at the end of these activities.
Click on the links below in order to get started.
- What is a plant? (Watch link)
- Plant Life Cycle (Watch link)
- The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle (Listen to Story)
Now you can gather your materials and meet me at the table for the next activity. (Planting your own flower)
- Watch link below as a form of evaluation
- Ask students to name three things that plants need to survive.
Great work completing this fun WebQuest all about plants! I hope all your questions have been answered and you have a better understanding how plants grow.