There are a few difficulties often experienced with this assignment task:
• Finding relevant information with regards to indigenous bookkeeping systems
• Business owners do not want to be interviewed
• Finding the right business owner to interview
• Finding a business owner who will answer the required questions to complete the presentation.
How I will help learners overcome difficulties when teaching this chapter
When teaching this topic I try to use of “real” examples where possible. Invite a business owner to come and speak to the learners and allow them to ask questions. Find some business owners in the community and explain to them the importance of this assessment task. Give support to learners struggling to find informal and formal business owners for their interview.
In our next lesson we will have a group or class discussion based on the following resources:
- Newspaper articles of interviews with business owners
- Samples of questionnaires
- Case studies
- Access to owners of informal businesses.
If you have any questions or difficulties please forward an email and i will assist ,