1. when did NASA launch the first satellite to monitor earth's weather?
3 years after the space age began
2. what tools are used today to help us understand how our planet works?
3. what are OTHER tools that NASA uses to make observations about the planet?
airplanes, ships, and computers
4. what are all of the observations and studies of the earth's land and atmosphere called?
earth system science
5. True or False: NASA shares its information with other researchers and companies
6. how long does an aerosol particle stay suspended in the atmosphere?
from a few days to several years
7. where do aerosol particles come from?
all kinds of smoke from trucks, factory pipes, volcanos, etc.
8. name two positive things aerosol can do
cool the planet, collect water vapor to create/form clouds
9. name 2 negatives from aerosol particles
some particles can trap sunlight and heat the air and prevent clouds from forming, and some can damage the ozone layer
10. True or False: aerosol particles do not hurt humans in any way