- We will watch this informative video about parts of a flower. Students will be given a labeling worksheet to follow along with the video and a note section to add any necessary information.
- When we finish, I will reiterate what we just watched with a model on the whiteboard and a class discussion to ensure everyone understands.
Use the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZdbJFmEFtY
- Each student will need to bring one small container of playdough.
- Students will do research for the type of flower they want to shape and start the beginning stages.
Use the following link for research: https://www.1800flowers.com/blog/flower-facts/flower-types/
Use the following link for example: https://i2.wp.com/abcsofliteracy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/2020-05-31-13.10.15-1-scaled.jpg
-The following should be labeled: sepals, petals, filament, anthers, stamen, stigma, style, ovary, carpel, and stem.
- Presentation Day! Students must present their model to me and correctly identify the part and function.
Why is it important to know the parts of a flower?
What was something new you learned about flowers you didn't know before?