Hello, everybody! Here we will study the topic of Present continuous. Get acquainted with the examples of Present continuous, at what moments you need to use it, as well as with its definition and formula. Good Luck!
The present continuous verb tense indicates that an action or condition is happening now, frequently, and may continue into the future.
Add the –ing.
1. camp ______________
2. swim ______________
4. walk ______________
5. have ______________
6. write ____________
7. cook ______________
8. shop ____________
Complete the sentences.
1. His dad and brother ________(cycle) to the shops.
2. We __________ (not travel) in Japan.
3. I __________ (sunbathe) on the beach.
4. She __________ (not watch) TV.
5. They __________ (not swim) in the sea.
6. Sue __________ (stay) at home today.
Write the questions and the short answers.
1. your dad / work / today /?
2. you / have a good time / on holiday / ?
3. your mum / cook dinner / now / ?
4. your friends / play football / ?
The present continuous tense, is a versatile verb tense that can refer to actions that are happening currently in the present and/or that happen in the future.
The present continuous is made from the present tense of the verb be and the –ing form of a verb
We make questions by putting am, is or are in front of the subject
We make negatives by putting not (or n't) after am, is or are
- 90-100 Excelent
- 70-89 Good
- 50-69 Not bad
- 30-50 Satisfactorily
- 0-49 Unsatisfactorily
Practical steps to help you learn English grammar
1. Choose a reliable textbook (Essential Grammar in Use ,Grammarway)
2. Determine which topics should be emphasized (I recommend using the Study Guide section in any of the textbooks in the Grammar in Use series.)
3. Take grammar tests ( Many different tasks can be found on the websites esl.fis.edu and http://www.grammar-monster.com/free_grammar_tests.html )
4. Read articles and books
5. Watch special training videos (Website https://www.engvid.com/ offers useful videos that will help you understand grammar.)
6. Study as many examples as possible (Try to work with the dictionary lingvolive.com )
7. Work with training applications (Learn English Grammar program for Android or iOS helps you work out grammar and test your knowledge)
8. Learn grammar from videos and songs (Youtube channel Marina Mogilko)