For those of you who have cooking as a hobby, you must have a recipe of food that you cook everyday. On your food recipe there are several steps that you have to follow to make your food. Not only that, have you ever read several step in instruction manual book?.
This several step is called 'Procedure Text' . So, have you ever know Procedure Text before?
Have you understand what is it like?
Now, click 'process tab' to start the lesson!
Procedure text is one of kind text that show you several step to arrange or producing something.
a. Aims : to tell the readers several steps or method to make, operate or do something.
b. Generic Structure :
1. Goals/aim : the purpose of activity that will be done soon.
2. Materials/tools : Thing that will be used in the process of making or creating something.
3. Steps : method that used in the process.
4. Conclusion/result : the final product of the process.
c. Example :
How to Make Meatballs
- 1 kilo of very fine minced meat.
- 2 eggs.
- 300 grams of tapioca-flour.
- 4-8 cloves of garlic.
- 1 red onion.
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper.
- 2 teaspoons of salt.
- First of all, mix garlic, red onion, salt, and white pepper in a mortar or mixer.
- Second, mix the spice-mixture with the eggs, the tapioca-flour and the minced meat.
- After that, use your fingers, add a cup of water, and keep on working until the mixture feels soft and smooth.
- Then, boil some water in a rather large pot, at least about 2 liters.
- Next step, start rolling the mixture into small meatballs.
- Finally, lower the meatballs into the boiling water. When they float up to the surface, the meatballs are ready to serve.
Now, open 'evaluation tab' to check your understanding!
1. Click link below!
2. Create your own procedure text and present it in front of class!