by Rodolfo R. Carreon II, Iqra Development Academy at Tamparan, Lanao Del Sur.
A WebQuest is an interactive lesson where students perform various tasks through guided research to create an end result. Teachers can complete the WebQuest to learn how to develop their own WebQuest for student activities.
WebQuests are a great way to keep students actively engaged.
Guided research can help students stay on track and expedite their research.
The WebQuest process includes the following:
- The Introduction orients students and captures their interest.
- The Task describes the activity's end product.
- The Process explains strategies students should use to complete the task.
- The Resources are the Web sites students will use to complete the task.
- The Evaluation measures the results of the activity.
- The Conclusion sums up the activity and encourages students to reflect on its process and results. (Starr, 2000).