Most people have heard of The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World but how much do you know about them? Their mysterious existence symbolized the civilizations that were responsible for their construction. These spectacular structures have been the source of great stories and legends over time. Today only one still stands, why?
Ancient civilizations constructed some incredible architectural masterpieces based on primitive tools! These wonders continue to amaze our present-day historians and archaeologists.
Your task will be to do a scrapbook of one of the seven ancient wonders and share it with the class.
Imagine that you have been transported from your Gifted class via time machine to ancient civilization.
Before you depart, you have been given an important assignment. You are to visit one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. You need to gather interesting facts about the wonder. Since most are lost to the present world you decide to write down everything you can find out about the wonder and put it in a scrapbook.
Requirements for each wonder:
- When was this wonder constructed?
- Who was the builder or which civilization?
- What are some features of the wonder, describe it in detail. (Draw a picture too if you want!)
- What is its significance?
- Has this wonder influenced anything in the present day?
- What would you feel when seeing this wonder?
- Are there any present-day issues revolving around the wonders?
- Choose one of these wonders on the map and start learning about it. There have been links provided with all the information you need in order to complete your quest, use the links below.
- Pull out the information you think is interesting or answers the questions and take notes.
- Once you have all the information you need start making your Google slides scrapbook. Be sure to include pictures, thoughts, comments on the information you have collected. Be creative!
I. I’m sure that you are eager to know more information about each Wonder, that’s why you should follow these links:
II. Here are some short films about the Wonders. While watching, make some notes, which can help you in the future.
III. Once you have the answers to the questions and other interesting facts, compile all your information into a Google slides scrapbook that is 10-15 slides long. You should generate a storyboard for your slide presentation.
Your presentation will be evaluated based on its content, sequence of information, spelling / grammar and font choice & formatting.
You will demonstare the presentation to the class once you are finished. Your classmates will evaluate your work as well and will choose the best speech for a class prize!
Congratulations, you have finished quite an exhausting project. As a result of your travel and thorough analysis, you understand:
How to research and navigate on the internet.
How to create a journal summary based on research.