This WebQuest was created by Ericka Mae O. Magadia for TTL 2 IBL activities, a BPED student in CSTC, Sariaya, Quezon.
What is volleyball?
Volleyball is a non-invasive sports game of a net type where there are two competing teams of six members who control the ball with parts of their body. There are both offensive and defensive tasks and one game event may result in both winning and losing points.
Who is the inventor of volleyball?
In 1895 William G. Morgan invented new indoor game called "Mintonette" which became volleyball.
What country that volleyball originated?
Volleyball was originated at Massachusetts, USA.
What is the equipment of volleyball?
- Solid ball
- Knee pads
- Ankle brace
- Volleyball Duffle Bag
- Proper Footwear
- Volleyball court
Read and Watch What is Volleyball? from this link https://youtu.be/x9udP-xT6VQ
Watch Volleyball Referees- Official Hand signal & Line Judge Flag signals from this link https://youtu.be/x9udP-xT6VQ
At the end of the lesson, you are expected to demonstrate the official hand signal and official line judge flag signal in doing the activities entitled: Spin'Act. To attain this objective, you need to familiarize yourself with the different hands and line judge flag signals. Then, I will enter your name in https://wheelofnames.com/ and the name that will flash on the screen will demonstrate the official hand signal and line judge flag signal that I will say. You will be given 10 minutes to be familiarize with official hand hand signal and line judge flag signal and when the time is up we are going to start the activity via google meet.
For those students who have poor internet connection will create a video demonstration of 15 different official hand signal and official line judge flag signal and send it to my gmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to play volleyball?
A volleyball game consist of two teams of six players each, separated by a net. The six volleyball court position are: setter, middle blocker, outside hitter, opposite hitter, libero and serving specialist. To score points, a team must send the ball over the net, grounding it into the opponents.
What are the benefits of playing volleyball?
There are a number of reasons why people play volleyball. It is a fun way to bond with family and friends. And it’s an alternative way of reaching fitness goals. Others simply play volleyball for fun and entertainment. Whatever our reason may be, we will reap the benefits of playing volleyball.
Top Benefits of Playing Volleyball
- Improve Cardiovascular Health
- Improve your muscular system
- Improves Joint Health
- Weight loss
- Improves hand eye coordination
- Enhances your reflexes and reaction time
- Develop agility, speed, coordination, stamina and flexibility
- Increase metabolic rate
- Enhances your aerobic capacity
- Enhances energy levels
- Improves of interpersonal skills and build teamwork
- Social interaction and Enhanced of happiness & belonging
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Develop self esteem & boost confidence
Instructions. Answer the given Reflection Questions below.
- Why it's importance to know the different hand signal and line judge flag signal in playing team sports?
- It is said that the referees decision is always right. Prove it by citing instances or experiences.
- Attach it in your LMS account (Performance Task 2)
- Your output will be graded using Criteria listed https://docs.google.com/document/d/10TfKPFmDylgcYvAPs5xZVTFuKRe0-beCk3tYenS1XAE/edit?usp=sharing