Thanksgiving is almost here! Since you have become an expert cook in Food Fundamentals, you will be responsible for purchasing, preparing, and serving Thanksgiving dinner. You will work with a partner or small group to complete this assignment. All group members must participate.
Your job is to plan a Thanksgiving meal for 10 guests.
1. Create a menu that includes
- An appetizer
- Cranberry Sauce
- TWO vegetable dishes
- A dessert
- The following links provide restaurant and meal delivery menu examples
Menu Template (you DO NOT need to use this)
2. For the 7 items listed above (will be 8 links) browse for recipes to create your Thanksgiving dinner. Please place a title above each recipe link. Use a google doc for this and share with your partner. For example
3. Create a grocery list in google sheets and share with your partner. List all items needed to prepare all of the recipes you have selected AND the price. Please use Giant Eagle to find the cost of each item.
- Decide on recipes with your partner
- Create google form (that you share with your partner) and list the recipe names and links
- Begin creating the menu and submit here
4. Begin grocery list and submit here
5. Submit your menu in Schoology
All items above must be completed in the Google suite with the exception of the menu! I will share links for you to submit your grocery list and recipe form. You can submit your menu in schoology.
Recipe Form and Links
Each recipe is listed before the link /8 Points
Each link is provided (8 total) /16 Points
Menu includes all 8 items /8 Points
Menu includes a description of each item /16 points
Menu is neat, organized and colorful /16 points
Grocery List includes all items needed to prepare recipe and the cost for each item /30 points