created by Leanne Maguire a current student majoring in Elementary Education.
Titanic was not just a famous movie. In order to find out more about it, we will be touring the web and learning some detail that is not always discussed. We will be doing a webquest.
Directions: Use the links provided and read the information about The Titanic. Then answer the questions and print out for a grade.
- Who designed the Titanic?
- How long did it take to build?
- How many lifeboats did Titanic have aboard.
- What other ship was identical in length to the Titanic?
- What ship had Captain Smith been aboard prior to Titanic?
- What was the name of the 17 year old who jumped 12-15ft from the rail to the ocean and survived?
- Did the ship receive any warnings of cited icebergs? How many?
- How many years ago, did the Titanic sink?
- Who was the chief architect of the Titanic?
- When was the wreckage discovered? Who was the first to discover it?
Step 1: Read thoroughly each article even though some information is the same there will be something different in each reading. 2pts
Step 2: Answer the questions. 10pts
Step 3: Tell me one thing you learned about the Titanic that you didn't already know? (add this sentence or two to the bottom of your question and answer sheet? 3pts
Total worth 15 pts
Answering these questions will give you some information not always given when talking about the Titanic.
This information was given to me from: