By David Mateen
The purpose of this Webquest is to direct students to resources so they can understand the parts of a parabola and the use of quadratic functions. Students will be able to label the parts of the parabola. This activity will allow students to prepare their own quadratic graphs and know the corresponding parts, and how to correctly label them. The goal is for the students to learn the parts and be able to successfully present their graphs to the class.
Students will be able to choose a quadratic function. Students will be able to enter the function to get a graph. Students will be able to label the parts of the parabola.
1. Students will choose a quadratic function provided on this list: https://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-quadratic-equation.html
2. Students will go to DESMOS at this link: https://www.desmos.com/testing/virginia/graphing
3. Students will enter quadratic function on DESMOS so a graph is created.
4. Students should zoom out so the whole graph is showed. Students should select the points of vertex and solutions so the coordinates show.
5. Watch this video to learn how to screenshot the graph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNdX-pzQOy4
|Knowing how to navigate around the page||Knowing how to navigate but is still confused||Confused about the assignment and is unsure about the webquest||Unsure about everything|
The goal of this WebQuest is for students to learn the parts of the parabola and how to correctly label them. Students will equip themselves with resources in learning the parts and how to create the graph. Students success will be measured by their ability to correctly label all the parts and present the graph to the class, explaining each part.
By David Mateen