The Very Hungry Caterpillar Lesson Plan.
With this little caterpillar we will work from the food and how to feed ourselves in a balanced way until the days of the week, numbers, colors ... and the transformation of our friend the caterpillar.
After presenting the vocabulary and reading the story we will perform different activities.
- What happened to the caterpillar?
After listening to the story of “The Very Hungry Caterpillar,” students will identify all of the items the caterpillar eats throughout the book.
Identify the life cycle of a butterfly-egg, caterpillar, cocoon, and butterfly.
Differentiate healthy food from unhealthy food.
We sing together the days of the week song.
The caterpillar is very very hungry and we have to find food to feed it! We are going to play a game to find all the fruits and after we will go through all the foods that appear in the story.
Memory game: https://matchthememory.com/kcmatch
We learn about the Life Cycle of a Butterfly
- We have to put in order the next pictures:
- Students will verbally recall the items the caterpillar eats while retelling the story of “The Very Hungry Caterpillar”.
- Students will complete the life cycle of a butterfly.
- Students will list the foods the caterpillar eats before he turns into a cocoon.