This webquest will help you learn about the History of Veteran's Day.
You will answer 10 questions about Veteran's Day. You will find these answers by going to different websites provided.
- There are several branches of the US Armed Forces. Name three.
1._____________________________________ 2._____________________________________ 3._____________________________________
2. Which war was known as “The Great War”?
- World War I
- World War II
- The Korean War
- The Vietnam War
- None of the above
3. On what day of the year is Veterans Day celebrated? ______________
4. What was Veterans Day formerly known as? _________________________________________________
5. Which president issued the first Veterans Day proclamation? _________________________________________________
6. What is the “Tomb of the Unknown Soldier? _________________________________________________
7. Where is this tomb located? _________________________________________________
8. What flower is a remembrance of war symbol? __________________
9. What famous cemetery in Virginia is home to many veteran's who have passed away? ___________________________________________________
10. Do you personally know a veteran or actively serving soldier? If so, who?
Will be graded for correct answers
This webquest gave you a summary of Veteran's Day. Be sure to thank a Veteran for their service when you see one!