Step 1: Explore
It's Turtle Time! Let's learn more about Loggerheads. What do they like to eat? Where do they live? Remember and focus on animals' basic needs of air, food, water, and shelter. How can pollution in the ocean be harmful to turtles and their basic needs? Explore these resources to find out!
Step 2: Create
It's time to put on those thinking goggles and get creative! Now that you know more about Loggerhead Sea Turtles, ocean pollution, and tips on how to help, it's your turn! Design your very own invention that can help stop pollution and save sea turtles. It can be something so small that it fits in your hand, or it can be a machine that takes up an entire beach.
Let your imagination run wild! Here's what to do:
- Brainstorm your invention. (Remember- awesome inventions have awesome names!)
- Draw out your design. Don't forget to add lots of details and color!
- Snap a photo of the drawing of your invention with one of our class iPads.
- Record yourself in a short video on the iPad and tell us:
- Three facts you learned about Loggerhead Sea Turtles
- Three ways you learned that ocean pollution is harmful to Loggerheads.
- What your invention is, how it works, and why it is helpful.
- Upload the picture and the video to your Class Dojo portfolio to share your hard work!