It is Games Week next week at your school. Your grade is in charge of planning the activities for the week. In order for this week to be successful you and your team is asked to be meteorologists for the week. Lets help to make the week successful.
Your team need to do a presentation before the week of the activities to show that they are meteorologists. Your presentation should include:
- PowerPoint/Google slides on what is weather and weather forecast. Who is responsible for the weather forecast the instruments that are used in forecasting the weather. and the symbols used in weather forecast.
- You will also need to record and present a report on the weather for the week using Excel/Google sheets.
- Make a Podcast of a weather report using wevideo/anchor FM.
Task 1 PowerPoint/ Google Slide
- What is weather?
- What is a weather forecast?
- Who is responsible for the weather forecast and what is his role?
- Name and describe the instruments that is used to predict the weather and are they used to collect the information about the weather
- Weather Symbols
Task 2 Excel/ Google Sheets
- Five days weather report
Task 3 Podcast using Anchor FM
- Weather report
|Content||Students demonstrate little understanding of weather patterns, symbols and instruments||Students demonstrate a fair understanding of weather patterns, symbols and instruments||Students demonstrate a thorough understanding of weather, patterns, symbols and instruments||10|
|Creativity||Students show little creative skills through each aspect of the web quest assignment||Students show a fair amount of creative skills through each aspect of the web quest assignment||Students show excellent creative skills through each aspect of the web quest assignment||6|
|Grammar/oral presentation||Students exhibit poor oral presentation skills and more than ten grammatical errors||Students exhibit an average oral presentation skills and less than ten grammatical errors||Students possesses excellent oral presentation skills with no little or no grammatical error||4|
|Use of technology||Students utilized little or no technological programs||Students utilized a fair amount of technological programs||Students utilized technological programs above the expected level.||5|
Total Score 25
Now that you have completed this WebQuest. Can you tell how well you know about the weather and the process of getting a weather forecast out the the public so that they can make their decision on the activities they can plan for each day.
Did you enjoyed doing this WebQuest?
Tell the areas of this quest that you enjoyed doing and the areas you had a challenge with.
Thanks to the following websites for the information that was provided.
Weather Forecasting: Definition & Types
Understanding Weather Symbols Used In Forecasts To Know What To Expect From Future Atmospheric Conditions