HEY FIFTH GRADERS!!!
Welcome to the 5th Grade Body System Webquest.
This WebQuest is designed for 5th grade students. Students will discover, learn, and present a presentation about an assigned body system. Students will learn about the body system, its fuctions, and why they need to take care of their body.
Students will be exploring one of the four major body systems and will present their findings to their classmates.
The four body systems we research are:
Each group will be responsible for exploring the websites for their assigned body system.
Each group will be responsible for the following
- Creating and labeling a poster of their body system. Students should have at least 5 labels for their given system.
- Students will read and research each of the websites under their assigned body system.
- Students will use information from the website and science book to complete questions about their human body system.
- Students will take an online quiz.
- Students will use their questions to complete a google slides presentation. Each presenation should include an introductory slide, a slide for each question, and an image on every slide.
Body System Exploration Procedures
1. Use poster paper to design, draw, and label your assigned body system.
2. Get your systems research questions from your teacher.
3. Begin using the online links below to reasearch your body system.
4. Once all websites have been read and questions have been answered, you can complete the online quiz for your assigned body system. Remember to show your grade to your teacher.
5. Once your group has passed the online quiz, begin your presentation piece using Google Slides in your Google Classroom.
Digestive System Websites
Digestive System Quiz
Circulatory System Websites
Circulatory System Quiz
Respiratory System Websites
Respiratory System Quiz
Excretory System Websites
Excretory System Quiz
Respiratory System Questions
1. What are the organs that make up the Respiratory System?
2. What is the main function of the respiratory system?
3. How does air pass through the respiratory system?
4. What are the four major areas it (air) travels through?
5. What is asthma?
6. What happens when someone has an asthma attack?
7. What causes an asthma attack?
8. What can you do to keep the respiratory system functioning properly?
9. What should you not do that could cause harm to the respiratory system?
10. What are two interesting facts about the respiratory system?
Circulatory System Questions
1. What organs make up the circulatory system?
2. Where is the heart located in your body?
3. What does your heart do?
4. Explain how blood travels through your body?
5. What is the difference between veins and arteries?
6. Blood is made up of what four parts?
7. Why is blood red?
8. How much blood is in the average adult’s body?
9. What should you do to help keep the circulatory system functioning properly?
10. What should you not do that could cause harm to the circulatory system?
11. What is one interesting fact about the circulatory system?
Digestive System Questions
1. What are the organs that make up the digestive system?
2. What mixes with food when it is in the stomach?
3. What does it (answer to above question) do to the food?
4. How long does food stay in each area?
5. What should you do to keep the digestive system functioning properly?
6. What should you not do that could harm the digestive system?
8. What are two interesting facts about the digestive system?
Name: _______________________________________ Date: ____________________________
1. What organs make up your Excretory System?
2. What does your Excretory System do?
3. What is your urinary system?
4. What are kidneys and what do they do?
5. How do kidneys help clean your body?
6. What should you do to help keep your excretory system functioning properly?
7. What should you not do that would cause harm to your excretory system?
8. What are two interesting facts about the excretory system?
Students' grades will derive from their
Poster 20 points
Online Quiz 1 pt. per question
Presentation 40 points
I hope you enjoyed the exploration through the human body systems!!!
Harcourt Science, School Permissions, Harcourt, Inc. 2000