Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Bullying includes actions such as making threats, spreading rumors, attacking someone physically or verbally, and excluding someone from a group on purpose.
In order to be considered bullying, the behavior must be aggressive and include:
- An Imbalance of Power: Kids who bully use their power—such as physical strength, access to embarrassing information, or popularity—to control or harm others. Power imbalances can change over time and in different situations, even if they involve the same people.
- Repetition: Bullying behaviors happen more than once or have the potential to happen more than once.
With emerging technology, the ability to communicate with others can happen from almost anywhere. While this presents great opportunities, it also has created opportunities for people to bully others without much thought. Most individuals do not feel that they are bullying others because it is not a face-to-face discussion.
- Read different articles about Bullying (use the resource links)
- identify the roles of kids in bullying actions.
- Give a short explanation about it.
- Provide personal opinion.
- Write a final conclusion about the topic.
- Design a poster to campaign against bullying.
Work in pairs
If it is necessary use a dictionary to find the meaning of the words you do not know yet.
Your project must include:
- A cover page.
- Introduction to your work (you can make a summary from the WebQuest Introduction)
- Body of your project:
- Define the roles of kids in bullying;
- Give a brief explanation about each one (don't just copy and paste! Rewrite it to make it simplier);
- Explain why you believe it is important not to label other people;
- Personal questions:
- In your opinion, why does bullying exist?
- Describe a situation you knew about a person who suffered from bullying.
- Click on the next link below and watch the video.
- Copy the words the boy found written in his school locker and translate it in our language.
- Express your opinion about it.
- Why can words cause all these feelings? Express your opinion.
5. Conclusion: express your final opinion about bullying.
6. Create a poster to campaign against bullying. It must include an image at least and a written message.
- Hand in the project in a plastic file.
- Maximum of 4 pages.
- Font style and size: ARIAL 12
- Line spacing: 1,5
- Some phrases to include to express your opinion and in your final conclusion:
- In my opinion... /
- I think.../ I don't think...
- The way I see it.../If you want my honest opinion...
- I hate.../ I dislike.../I can't stand.../I don't mind...
- I do not believe that...
- To conclude/Finally, I think that.../I would say...
It is compulsary to use these resources:
The evaluation will be based on the text production and presentation of the project work.
- Presentation of the project (tideness; creativity; illustrations; etc.) : 25%
- Use of the resources (exploration of the resources; use of the information): 25 %
- Text production (contents clearly expressed; verbal tenses; summarizing of contents; etc.): 25 %
- Answer assignment personal questions (ideas clearly expressed; verbal tenses; vocabulary related to extreme sports; your personal your opinion; etc.): 25 %
If you need any help, remember that the teacher is always willing to help you in class or via e-mail.
Some of the things you can do when you see a person that has been bullied or that makes or produce the bullying are:· You have to immediately report to someone else what you have seen, preferably to an adult that can help you and this person to solve future problems.· You must confront the person that is making bullying and let him or her see that he is doing something wrong and that he is hurting other people, so maybe he can relax and change his actions and start to change his or someone’s else life.· Let’s make all together an effort to change this reality that can affect your friends, your neighbors, any member of your family, or even you if you don’t do anything to solve this dangerous problem.· Remember that if you do something good for someone else, one day, this good action is going to be back to you and the planet is gonna be pleased with you and all the things you do trying to make this world a better place to live.