Step 1: Learn about the history of the discovery of America
- When did it happen?
- Who was Cristopher Columbus?
- How many times did he travel to America?
- What were the effects of the discovery?
Step 2: Learn about the Columbus Day
- When was it first introduced?
- Who introduced it and why?
- What nationalities may celebrate it?
- How is it celebrated and when?
Step 3: Learn about the controversy of the Columbus Day
- Why is it controversial?
- Colonialism, slave trade, and racism - are they somehow connected to the discovery of America?
- What is Indigenious Peoples' Day?
- Who officially celebrates the Indigenious People's Day?
Step 4: Prepare an essay about the effects of the discovery of N. America with regard to multi-cultural entities and political institutions who have been contributing to forming American society with a selected American politician's comment on the topic (min. 1200 words)
- Just joking. Don't do this step.
Also, I would like you to include some pictures about Columbus Day (e.g., photos of people celebrating)
Sources you may use:
Don't forget about using a dictionary whenever you like - https://www.diki.pl/
But feel free to look for other sources if you wish.
Presentation: About 10 slides, don't write too much, be sure to include some pictures so it looks more interesting;
Short essay: Include introduction (state what the essay is about), middle (describe the things from the steps), and a conclusion (summarise you essay in 2-3 sentences);
Short video: There should be one person (or two) describing everything included in the Steps' section; make sure to speak loud and clear and smile to the camera. If you don't want to show yourself, that's okay - then you have to make a slideshow with your voiceover (you talking while the photos appear).