Do you ever wonder what kind of childhood Jesus may have had? What kind of games did He play? Where did He grow up? Where did He travel as an adult? Well, through this adventure you are going to discover many new things about Jesus and you are going to learn that Jesus was just like you in many ways! You will find out that Jesus was a little boy who had chores, he was sad, he suffered pain, he laughed, he lost his temper, and he was even tempted by the devil himself.
Not only will you learn about Jesus, but you will learn how to give your life to Jesus, how to live for Him, and how to bring others to know Him too! Do you know what it means to be baptized? Do you know why we dunk people under the water? Do you know the steps to living for Jesus AFTER you've asked Him into your heart?
Are you ready to embark on this journey... a journey that has eternal benefits?!! Let's get started!
(You will be using your Bibles and your chapter book, "Who Was Jesus," to complete your daily tasks.)
Day 1: The Bible (The Old Testament)
Before we begin our journey into Jesus' life, we must first understand the book from where we find our information. Before beginning each daily task, you must open in prayer with your partner. Take turns with your partner. Ask for prayer requests, see if prayers have been answered along the way. Help each other grow closer to God as you grow in your knowledge of Jesus and His saving grace.
1. Read pg. 4, "The Bible" in your chapter book.
2. Watch the following video. While watching the video, fill out the questions for Day 1 in your packet. Don't forget that you can go back if you need something repeated and you may press the pause button at any time if you need more time to write. :) You will not be watching the entire video today. Be sure to stop watching after Day 1 activities in your packet have been completed.
Day 2: The Bible (The Old Testament)
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner the following questions:
1. How many sections does the Bible have and what are they?
2. How many books are in the Old Testament?
3. What are the first five books of the Old Testament? What are they called in Hebrew and in English?
After you review, complete Day 2 in your packet using the same video Day 1. (In the video, start at minute marker 4:38 to begin Day 2). Be sure to stop watching the video after Day 2 activities have been completed. You will be using this video for Days 1-4.
Day 3: The Bible (The New Testament)
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner the following questions:
1. What are the five sections of the Old Testament? (Hint: Use this sentence to help you remember them...Look How We Play Major roles in our Minor Lives.
2. What is a prophet?
3. What does it mean to prophecy?
After you review, complete Day 3 in your packet using the same video. (In the video, start at minute marker 6:53 to begin Day 3). Stop watching after Day 3 activities are completed.
Day 4: The Bible (The New Testament)
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner the following questions:
1. What are the gospels? After discussing this question with your partner, read "The Gospels" section in your chapter book (after page 5 in your book.)
2. What are the first three sections of the New Testament?
3. Who is the Messiah?
After you review, complete Day 4 in your packet using the same video. (In the video, start at minute marker 11:05 to begin Day 4).
Day 5-6: Jesus Is Coming
Open in Prayer. You will have two days to complete this section. Review with your partner the following questions:
1. What are all 5 sections of the New Testament? (Hint: Use this sentence to help you remember them...Go and Hear Little Giraffes Play.
2. What do the letters of Paul speak about?
3. What Book of the New Testament is known as the Historical Book?
After you review, complete Days 5-6 in your packet using your book and the new video below! How did Jesus' life come to be?
1. In your Bible, read Luke 2:1-20
2. Now read pages 1-15 in your chapter book. (Skip the pages you have already read.) Complete the first section (questions 1-10) in your WebQuest packet.
3. Watch the video below and complete the second section of Days 5-6 in your packet.
Day 7: Mary and Joseph's Journey
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner the order of the story we know as the "Christmas story."
Use the link below and study the map. In your packet, trace the journey of Mary and Joseph in one color and then color the map.
Day 8: The Wise Men
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner the map of Mary and Joseph's journey.
After you review, read Matthew 2: 1-15 in your Bible.
1. Watch the video below and answer the questions in your packet as you listen.
Day 9: The Wise Men continued
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner the following questions?
1. What was important about frankincense and myrhh?
2. How old was Jesus when the wise men came to him?
3. Where did the wise men come from originally?
After you review complete the following tasks.
1. Read in your Bible, Matthew 2:16-23.
2. Read pages 14-20 in your chapter book.
3. Answer True or False in your packet. Correct the answers that are false.
RETURN TO THE MAP FROM DAY 7 AND TRACE THE REST OF THEIR JOURNEY.
Day 10: The Roman Empire
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner 5 facts about King Herod.
1. After reviewing, read "The Roman Empire" section, pages 18-19, in your chapter book.
2. Complete Day 10 in your packet.
Day 11: Jesus as a Boy
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner 5 facts about the Roman Empire.
1. After reviewing, read pages 21-22 and then watch the following video to find out what Jesus' life was like as a boy.
Using your chapter book, video, and information on Day 11, answer the questions with your partner.
Click on the link below to read more about Nazareth.
Day 12: Jesus at 12
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner what it was like to grow up during Jesus' time. How is your life different than His?
1. Read pages 23 - 28 (Skip the pages about the Temple.)
2. Then watch the following video.
3. Complete the activity for Day 12.
Day 13: Jesus Is Baptized
Open in Prayer. Read your poem to your partner! Do you both have all the required information?
1. Read pages 28-29 in your chapter book.
2. Read in your Bible, Matthew 3:13-17
3. Watch the video below and complete Part 1.
1. Watch the video about the Jordan River to learn more about where Jesus was baptized.
2. Complete Part 2: List 3 facts about the Jordan River.
Day 14: Who is John the Baptist?
Open in Prayer. Review what you remembered about the Jordan River.
1. Who is John the Baptist? Hmmm, watch this video and learn more about him!
2. Find out more about John in Luke chapter 1.
3. Answer the questions on Day 14.
Link for Locust: https://kids.kiddle.co/Locust
Day 15: The 12 Disciples -- Fishers of Men?
Open in Prayer. With your partner, come up with 5 fun facts you learned about John the Baptist!
Jesus chose 12 men to follow Him and help Him among His journey and message of salvation and love.
1. Read pages 31-38 in your chapter book.
2. Watch the video below to learn more.
3. Complete Day 15 in your packet.
Day 16: Lessons and Stories
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner who the 12 disciples were. Try using your silly sentence! Can you remember them all?
1. Read pages 39-43 in your chapter book.
2. Complete activities for Day 16.
3. Use the following link to take a look at all the parables Jesus told His followers. https://carm.org/what-are-the-parables-jesus-taught
Day 17: Jesus the Healer
Open in Prayer. Review what a parable is with your partner. Share your illustrated parable with your partner. Explain to them what the parable is and what is happening in your illustration.
1. Read Chapter 5-6 in your chapter book. (pages 44-57).
2. Watch the video to see a variety of miracles Jesus performed.
3. Complete Day 17.
Day 18: The Story Continues!
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner your favorite miracle!
1. Read Chapters 7-8 (pages 58-67)
2. Watch the video on Palm Sunday the complete Day 18.
Days 19-20: The Last Supper/Passover
Open in Prayer. Review what events are leading up to Jesus' crucifiction.
1. Read chapter 9-10 (pages 68-84)
2. Watch this quick video on the Passover so you understand what everyone was celebrating and why.
3. Watch the video and complete Days 19-20.
Day 21: Jesus Is Alive!
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner what the Passover is and why the Jewish people celebrate it.
1. Read Chapter 11
2. Watch the video to learn about Jesus' last days on Earth.
3. Complete Day 21.
Day 22: Jesus' Life Changed Our Lives!
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner what Jesus' instructions were to His disciples before He left the Earth.
1. Read "Christmas and Easter" in your chapter book.
2. Complete Day 22 in your packet.
Day 23: The Early Christians
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner one new fun fact you learned about Christmas and Easter.
Did you know that the church started a long, long time ago? Do you know how the church started?
Read chapter 12 in your chapter book to learn more! With your partner, take turns reading while the other fills in the blanks for Day 23. You will learn how the church started and how Jesus' ministry grew into churches and ministry today!
Day 24: Peter and the NEW Church
Open in Prayer. With your partner, discuss how the church began through Jesus' followers.
1. Open your Bible to Matthew 16:18 and read about Peter and Jesus' message to him.
2. Part 1: In your chapter book, read pg.102 about Peter and the new church. Compete Day 24, Part 1.
3. Part 2: Watch the video below to learn more about what it means to be baptized. Then complete Day 24, Part 2.
Day 25: Paul
Open in Prayer. Allow each person to explain the meaning behind baptism and what it means when we are dunked in the water!
1. Open your chapter book to page 103 and read about Paul. Paul has a very interesting story on how he came to know Christ as his savior. He actually spent a lot of his time being against Christians before he met Christ. Do you know anyone like that?
2. Complete Day 25 in your packet.
Day 26: Christian Symbols
Open in Prayer. Review with your partner how Paul came to know Christ and how his life was changed once he got saved. How did Paul effect the early church?
There are many symbols that represent things in Christianity. Some may surprise you!
1. Open your chapter book to Chapter 11, page 86. Use this page to complete Day 26 in your packet. Can you think of anymore symbols?
2. Your illustrations need to be drawn and colored neatly.
Day 27: Writing a prayer of Salvation.
Open in Prayer. With your partner discuss your favorite symbol of Christianity and why you like it.
For the last several weeks you have studied and learned about the Bible, the life of Jesus, how He died for us, and how the church began. But today is about you. Do you believe Jesus died for you? Have you asked Jesus into your heart? Do you know what it means to be saved? Today, we are going to write a prayer asking Jesus into our hearts and confessing our sins to Him. Being saved isn’t about being perfect. It isn’t about earning God’s love. God loved us from the moment our lives began. All we have to do is BELIEVE Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead. We are saved by faith! It says in Acts 16:31, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you are saved.” All we have to do is say, “Yes,” to Jesus.
Watch the video below to learn more about how to become a Christian.
Complete Day 27 in your packet. Use the information from the video and the verses in your packet to write your prayer.
Day 28: What Now?
Open in Prayer! Review with your partner what we must believe in order to be saved. What does the Bible say?
So now that we’ve prayed and asked Jesus to be in our hearts, and we’ve decided to live for Him, what does all of that mean? How do we do that? How do we live for Christ each day and follow a path leading to Heaven? Understand that being a Christain is not about being perfect. It's actually more important to know that we are not perfect and will never earn our way to heaven. But with God's help we can follow a path and make decisions that will lead us closer to Christ.
Watch this video and learn how to grow closer to God each day and become a true disciple of Jesus just like His followers who worked with Him when He was on Earth!
Then complete Day 28 in your packet.
Day 29: Go and Make Disciples!
Open in Prayer! Review the 5 steps on living a Christian life.
Using Steps 1-5 from yesterday, create a play/skit where you will be explaining these 5 steps to an audience. Your audience will be kids your age who have just accepted Jesus into their hearts and are ready for the next step.
What will you say to them?
How will you explain this to them?
How will you make them excited about living for God?
Be creative! You can create a play, a skit, an interview, a TV commercial, a puppet show, a pretend youtube channel, a song! Remember,your goal here is to teach others how to grow in Christ -- so make it exciting and interesting. This is about helping others reach heaven! You have a big responsibility! Now "Go and make disciples of every nation...!" ((Matthew 28:19)
Be sure to use the key ideas in your packet from Day 29 to include in your presentation.
Day 30: Practice Presentation and Present!
Day 31: Sharing the Gospel
So we've learned how to accept Christ into our hearts and how to live a life committed to Him. Now it is our job to spread His message to others. Watch the video below for a few quick tips on how to best spread the gospel to others.
Complete Day 31 in your packet after watching the video.
The end of our WebQuest, yes, the end our of journey with Jesus ---never ending! Find good friends that share your beliefs to take this journey with you! They will help you be strong and fight the battles that come your way. Ask Jesus for forgiveness every day of your life and ask Him to help you make good choices every day! Here's to our journey together. And we will be live in "Our Father's House" together...forever!
Every day will bring you a new task, a new video or link, a new way to organize your information. You will be using maps, watching videos, writing poems, making silly sentences, and even writing your own play or skit! Pay close attention to each daily task and be sure to complete all the activities for that day!
The WebQuest packet will be graded as a test. Some daily tasks will count as a daily grade. Be sure to complete each day so that you don't get behind. Manage your class time wisely!
Enjoy your journey through the life of Christ and learning how to live a life in Him and with Him.