1. Use the attached website links to locate information to answer the following questions about the book Wonder and its author, RJ Palacio.
Click this link https://wonderthebook.com/about to answer the following questions about RJ Palacio, the author of Wonder.
- How long has RJ Palacio's novel, Wonder been on the New York Times bestsellers list? When was it put on the bestsellers list?
- What movement was inspired by the message of the book Wonder?
- What is RJ Palacio's birth name?
- Name 2 titles of work RJ Palacio published under her birth name.
- What baby toy did Palacio invent? Explain what the toy is.
- When was the book, Wonder published?
- How many countries has the book, Wonder been published in?
- What was RJ Palacio's inspiration for writing the book Wonder? (hint: FAQ'S)
- Why did RJ Palacio give the book the title Wonder?
Click this link https://wonderthebook.com/characters to answer the following questions about the characters in the book Wonder.
- List the names of the characters in the book Wonder and give one physical or inherited trait for each character.
Click this link https://wonderthebook.com/movie to answer the following questions about the movie Wonder.
- Who starred as the characters, Auggie, Jack Will, Julian, Charlotte, and Mr. Browne?
- Watch the video clip and give one interesting thing you learned.
- How do the characters' traits compare and contrast to the actual actors or actresses?
- Watch the movie trailer video clip and identify any inherited or acquired traits, you observe about the movie character, that is different from the boy who plays Auggie in the movie.
Click this link https://wonderthebook.com/books to answer the following questions about titles of work by RJ Palacio.
- List 4 other titles of work written by RJ Palacio.
2. Using the information you have collected, write a paragraph of what you learned about the author and her inspiration for writing the book Wonder (at least 8 to 10 sentences). Then write a paragraph of Aggie's acquired and inherited traits.
3. Create 6 slides on Google Slide to promote this author, her New York Times bestseller, Wonder, and her titles of work to present to the class. Then create 2 slides to discuss the physical and inherited traits of Auggie. Also, include how his parents contributed to his condition.
Extended Activity- Research the facial deformity, of the character Auggie, which he was born with. Explain how this disability relates to heredity and inherited traits.